Thursday, August 13, 2009

Taking care of mom....

Well Mom hasn't had a very easy week at all. I was so scared for her exactly one week ago today. She was crying and screaming in pain and my dad had to call all those people with flashing lights to come and get her. I know the drill so well and I stayed in my corner until dad told me it was OK to move. I wanted so bad to go give mom a kiss good bye before she left. I felt so horrible all night and all day the following day worrying about my mom. My brother Tonto was also worried and he cried and cried until it got on my nerves. I didn't go and chase him to make him stop because I too felt the same.

My dad took me the following day which was a week ago tomorrow to go visit Mom. She was so happy to see me and I was so happy that I got to go visit her several days in a row in the hospital last week. She shared a room with a very nice lady for which I got to provide my special pet therapy to and of course spread lots of smiles everywhere I went. The nurses loved me and so did the doctors. I just jumped up on that bed with my pretty smile and it seemed to make all the pains go away for both my mom and her new friend in the hospital.

Well mom finally got released from the hospital on Monday and it's been a few days and she's slowly getting stronger and stronger each day. She isn't eating the way she used to and hasn't for quite a while. I don't beg for anything she eats these days because it just doesn't smell all that appetizing. I keep hearing her gag as she eats but she is eating (I think it's baby food) what she needs to eat to get stronger. I can tell she is much smaller than most tall people or that she is skinny. She also has to carry this heavy pack around for most of the morning and evening hours that also feeds her through her veins somehow. What a fighter my mom is.

She took me out this morning to play some ball just a little bit and because she is so weak; we have been limited on my walks. I don't mind all that much and I completely understand; I just want her to feel better and I'm so glad to have her back at home keeping me company.



1-800-PetMeds

1 comment:

TC said...

Blue Belle you keep on doing what you are doing, you are making mommy feel MUCH better I can tell. It was great of you not to chase Tonto, I know what a temptation that was!