Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mom's getting out of the Hospital Tomorrow...

I'm so excited that my mom will be out of the hospital tomorrow and she will be at home with me and the rest of the family. Since she just had a major surgery last week so I plan to sleep right at her feet so that I can be there if she needs me. I always enjoy watching over my mommy very carefully and will be up in an instant should she need me. I have to admit sometimes I get a little jeolous of my brother at times and will some herd him away from my mommy. She doesn't need him at the moment; She had me. Why would she need a cat too; especially if there happen to be any snack involved.

Sometimes my parents will get into an argument; I always tend to side with mom and sometimes I will hide behind mommy. I don't like it all when they yell at each other; that's why I always feel safe right behind her. She almost tripped over me a few times but I can't help myself feeling so safe next to her. I do love it so much when my daddy will apologize and they make up; it's so beautiful and sweet and I love to be in the middle of it all. They hug each other and I get excited and then Tonto will start hugging me everytime. I'm kinda glad he doesn't have a tail like some cats but he's an OK cat.

I've been getting really close with my dad lately since my mom hasn't been sleeping at our home in over 2 and half weeks (close to 3 weeks). I sure do miss her and at nighttime it's so sad and depressing for my dad so I make extra sure to take care of him. I snuggle on the bed with him and he really likes it when I roll over onto my tummy for him to rub it. It always makes him laugh and I love the way dad laughs. He has the best laugh ever!

I provide him with lots of therapy; because he gets pretty stressed because my mom is so sick and he worries himself sick because he is afraid of her loosing her life to this cancer. I'm there to cheer him up. My soft fur always provides him soft warmth and support through these tough times. Sometimes him seeing my tail wag at him or me yawning and doing my little squeak bear sound will usually bring about a smile or a laugh.

If it weren't for me; my parents might both need to be on medication for Depression but because of me; being the therapy dog that I am; they do not. I make them both plenty happy despite all they are going through. I don't how my mom gets through what she does but I gotta feeling it must be me. They just need my beautiful Sheltie presence; the way that I carry myself makes them smile and my ears go back to show them my beautiful smile and of course my soft little kisses. Life really is too short to not have a dog in your life.

Imagine coming home to a dog like me if you've had a rough day at work or where ever; you've had a rough day of people being selfish and mean to you or lots of accidents that weren't so pleasant all kinds of thing that maybe make a day horrible; I'm always there to walk gently up to you wagging my beautiful fluffy tail and smiling at you, wiggling my cute fluffy body and so very happy to see you that all that bad stuff that happened doesn't make any difference at all at this very moment. So dig in!

Mom, I can't wait for you to get home. I won't care if you have lost all of your hair and I understand that you will be starting chemo next week and that will not make you feel so good. I will be there for you no matter what. I'm a dog that is non-judgmental and therefore I will never judge you and will be there for you no matter what. Everyday is a new day and I live in the right now. Right now I can't wait for you to come home; I miss you so much and it will be a new day just you and me!

No comments: