Saturday, August 1, 2009

Another Hospital Visit...

Well I know it's been a long time since my last blog. Sorry I have been one busy puppy but I hope to keep you all updated on my fun with my family which includes my dad, of course my mom, and my brother Tonto..

Right now mom is in the hospital and she just had her 6th major Abdominal surgery. I have been coming along with my dad to each and every evening to go and visit her in the hospital. It's so boring in there but I really do miss my mom so I put up with it like a good doggie should.

I will usually jump up on the bed with her and give her lots of kisses for a little while because I miss her so much. I wiggle and squirm at first and of course I smile at her but I don't make any noise because you are supposed to be quiet in hospitals because there are lots of other sick patients just like my mom.

I also help out by providing my special therapy to the doctors and nurses on the second floor of the surgery center. They usually see me walking in with my dad and they immediately have to come inside and visit with me while I am visiting with my mom. It really helps them to see my pretty face and soft fur while they are doing a very stressful job of taking care of so many sick people.

When ever I go to the hospital to visit; I always have to wear my service dog vest. I like my thin light blue one the best because the heavy red service dog one tends to be a little on the heavy, hot and uncomfy side. My dad can tell I don't like to wear the red one that much because it has been so hot in July for a Blue Merle Sheltie. It's comfy and sporty and doesn't confine me too much. I promise to do a post on all my service dog vests so that you can get one too! Mom just has to iron out the details with the companies that provide them.

We get stopped all the time while in the hospital; I think it's cause I'm so dog gone cute. I bring so many smiles with me and I am ready for service 24 x 7 cheering strangers up. I love making people happy.

Little kids tend to scare me sometimes because they usually hurt my feelings when they cry or scream at me. I don't mean to hurt any body nor scare anyone. I usually don't know what to do except try to hide myself from little kids. I do love them and barely resist giving them a Blue Belle kiss but I can tell when they have had enough of me.

I don't want to smother anyone; just make them happy. Well that concludes this post on what it has been like to visit my mom in the hospital. I hope to blog about all things helpful for those who wish to get into service dog work and to help other patients get their dogs certified.

If you want your dog's fur to be as pretty and soft as mine, check out Wysong for the very best in holistic pet food. My parents are happy about this food because it doesn't have as much fat as most pet foods and it makes me go solid each time. Sorry just being honest! I love Wysong!



Holistic Dog Nutrition

No comments: